What to expect at a Wild Onion Rite
Public ADF rituals are a bit different than most other Neo Pagan rites and may be a litle confusing at first. Our rites follow a particular sequence we call the “Core Order of Ritual” and have certain elements that must be included as well as a much shorter list of certain elements which are are never included. The following things are never found in a public ADF rite:
- Elemental Cross Symbolism (the 4 Elements)
- Casting Circles in public ritual
- Calling Watchtowers or Elemental Guardians
- Calling the dualtheistic “Lord” and “Lady”
- Acknowledgement of one divine being with power over all
- Blood Sacrifices
- Non-Indo-European mythic and deity motifs
Below is an outline with an explanation of each step of an ADF rite:
Our rites are open and inclusive. We do not close our circles, and you are free
to come and go as you please during the rite. We ask only that you be
respectfully quiet and attentive when within earshot of the ritual.
If you have a Praise Offering that you wish to perform, please see our Grove
Liturgist before the rite.