2/3 cup clover honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease a 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until thick. Add the honey and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.
- In three parts, add the dry mixture alternately with the cream to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the dry mixture. Mix each addition well.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
This recipe was modified from Beorn's Honey Cake (http://www.geekychef.com/2012/12/beorns-honey-cake.html), an excellent recipe from a great guy.